2013 Fantasy Football Draft Guide
Fantasy Sports Locker Room’s Draft Guide is proudly brought to you by The War Room. Sign up today for customized fantasy feeds and access to a fantasy football network like no other.
|Cheat Sheet||Draft Strategy||Sleepers, Busts and Rookies|
|With our cheat sheet section you’ll find links to our positional rankings, tiers, and a discussion of those rankings – a justification of our selections. Set your cheat sheet up with our staff ranks and prepare to dominate draft day.||From the basics to some more in-depth topics we cover some essential elements of draft strategy and tip you off on some players to target this month in your fantasy draft.||Success in fantasy football always boils down to finding value. This section helps you identify players who are at risk of not delivering on their draft day cost and players you may be able to get on the cheap.|
Staff QB Rankings
Staff RB Rankings
Staff WR Rankings
Staff TE Rankings
|The importance of context||Sleepers/Value Plays|
**updated August 26th, 2013. New since last update in red.
Locker Room Ultimate Value Draft
Earlier in August we put our writers through an exercise – taking the top players at each position off the table and forcing them to go deep to assemble a fantasy roster. We learned a few things about each other through the process and about the players we’re targeting late in drafts. Moreover, we learned each other’s ultimate fantasy football draft value play.
Industry Mock Draft
We had the pleasure of hosting seven of the brightest minds in the industry along with our five writers to complete a twelve team mock on July 17th.
John Kerwin - The Fake Football
David Gonos - FantasySports.org
Travis Rowe - GoPro Fantasy Sports
Asher Molk and Mike Braude - Apex Fantasy Leagues
Kevin Roberts - NFL Soup
Ladd Davies - The Late Round QB
Michael Clifford - Fantasy Trade 411
Each of our staff writers and a number of our industry friends wrote about the process in depth.
Draft Resources from Around the Web
- Fantasypros.com shares their bye week cheat sheet; a tool for looking ahead on your own roster and throughout your league.
- FootballGuys have published a number of excellent resources including their guide on value based drafting (published by Joe Bryant, the King of the concept) and their update on coaching philosophies in light of offseason changes.
- The crew at The Fake Football dive into some of your biggest preseason quandaries with their ‘Fake Football, Real Questions’ series.
- Via DavidGonos.com Devon Jordan takes a look at Standard Deviation as a tool to analyse position depth, through the lens of guys who hook up with ugly girls, naturally…
- Looking for a place for daily/weekly redrafts this season? Check out Draft Street.
- Travis Rowe via Late Round QB provides standards by which you should judge your fantasy experts.
- Coleman Kelly at Rotoviz warns of Rookie Derangement Syndrome - his piece discusses the phenomenon of overvaluing rookies and undervaluing second year players; Alshon Jeffery vs. DeAndre Hopkins, for example.
- DavidGonos.com provides Offensive Line Rankings – essential not just for ranking running backs, but in the pass game as well (and, when choosing a weekly DST for that matter as well).
- Chet Gresham of The Fake Football looks at strength of schedule by position (QB, RB, WR, TE) - assessing the relative strengths of the fantasy defenses players will face is important when contemplating value, particular in the all important weeks 14-16.
- OurLads.com provides up to date depth charts – considering a late round flier, or want an update on who is winning the starting RB battle in training camp.
- Neil busted out a compilation of the best fantasy football rankings going in June over at DavidGonos.com. You can expect an updated edition soon, but for the time being check in on the best of the best.