Without their top two receiving targets the Falcons won a game due to a coming out party, a slew of injuries open many doors and the New York Giants have yet another running back. Here’s who to target in your race to the waiver wire; week seven edition:
Get ‘em while you can:
Harry Douglas, WR, Atlanta Falcons: owned in 49% of Yahoo! leagues
Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Indianapolis Colts: owned in 21% of Yahoo! leagues
- Before Reggie Wayne got hurt he had already had his first touchdown of the season.
- He showed some versatility rushing once for 30 yards.
- With Reggie Wayne sidelined, DHB is likely to become Andrew Luck‘s main target.
Zac Stacy, WR, St. Louis Rams: owned in 50% of Yahoo! leagues
- With 87 total yards, Stacy had his second consecutive strong game.
- He’s definitely the starting runningback in St. Louis, and with the season ending injury to Sam Bradford is the only member of the Rams offense worth starting/owning this year.
Joseph Randle, RB, Dallas Cowboys: 52% owned in Yahoo! leagues
- Randle had a productive first start with 93 total yards.
- Murray and Dunbar are both likely out a while longer and Randle is going to get better with experience. He’s absolutely worth owning.
Roy Helu, Jr., RB, Washington Redskins: 22% owned in Yahoo! leagues
- The Redskins used a hurry-up offense predominantly against Chicago. Helu is the number one back in this system and resulted in three scores Sunday.
- He won’t have that production every week, but is worth owning going forward and playing as a bye week filler.
Tyler Eifert, TE, Cincinnati Bengals: 15% owned in Yahoo! leagues
- Was targeted only four times, but turned in three catches for 40+ yards and a touchdown.
- Jermaine Gresham still limits his productivity, but Eifert has shown every bit of the hype around him entering the draft and is definitely the bigger play threat than Gresham.
Coby Fleener, TE, Indianapolis Colts: 43% owned in Yahoo! leagues
- He’s heading into a bye and has been inconsistent all year, but things are looking up.
- He had 38 yards and a touchdown against Denver and with the injury to Wayne, every member of the Colts’ passing attack will have to step up.
Next best thing:
Jarrett Boykin, WR, Green Bay Packers: owned in 31% of Yahoo! leagues
- Similarly to Douglas, a move up the depth chart did wonders for Boykin with 103 yards and a score off eight catches.
- A return by Jones will diminish Boykin’s value, but if he misses a second straight week, Boykin will be in line to produce big again, this time against Minnesota.
Nate Washington, WR, Tennessee Titans: 40% owned in Yahoo! leagues
- While Jake Locker was shaky in return from injury, he targeted Washington a staggering ten times, who caught three of those.
- He’s entering a bye week, but the favouritism shown by Locker is a definite positive sign.
Geno Smith, QB, New York Jets: owned in 13% of Yahoo! leagues
- It’s his second straight win against a ‘good’ team and his turnover numbers are in check.
- He’s still far from a good starting option, but is producing at a respectable level.
Mike James, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: owned in 9% of Yahoo! leagues
- He had a fairly pedestrian Sunday, but is the official starter in Tampa going forward in the wake of Doug Martin‘s injury.
- He’s good out of the backfied as well, which bodes well considering Mike Glennon plays quarterback for the Bucs.
Chris Ivory, RB, New York Jets: owned in 29% of Yahoo! leagues
- With 33 carries for 104 yards, he produced while being the featured back. Look for more action heading forward.
Worth a shot:
Jordan Reed, TE, Washington Redskins: 26% owned in Yahoo! leagues
- Reed nearly doubled his season total productivity with 134 yards and a score on Sunday.
- A day like that doesn’t seem like a one off, as Reed appears in line for plenty of work if healthy.
Brandon Gibson, WR, Miami Dolphins: owned in 4% of Yahoo! leagues
- Gibson had his first two touchdowns of the year to go with 40 yards.
- Tannehill’s favourite option tends to vary and Gibson is still WR3 behind Wallace and Hartline, but he could be in line for more production.
Jacoby Jones, WR, Baltimore Ravens: owned in 21% of Yahoo! leagues
- He’s battling Marlon Brown for playing time, but with eight targets and big play ability, he could have the odd big game for the Ravens.
Kris Durham, WR, Detroit Lions: owned in 7% of Yahoo! leagues
- With eight targets on Sunday the potential is there for Durham to have big games when CJ is being focused on.
If you’re desperate:
Jeremy Kerley, WR, New York Jets: owned in 8% of Yahoo! leagues
- With his biggest game yet on Sunday, Kerley caught ten passes for 97 yards while scoring a touchdown.
- With Geno Smith gaining confidence in his arm and showing clear confidence in Kerley, he could be a valuable bye week plug-in.
Kendall Wright, WR, Tennessee Titans: owned in 29% of Yahoo! leagues
- The number one option in Tennessee, Wright had a career day with nine catches and 98 yards.
- This could be a one-off and the Titans are entering the bye week. Washington is likely the better receiver to have out of Tennessee, but Wright clearly can produce.
Andrew Quarless, TE, Green Bay Packers: owned in 0% of Yahoo! leagues
- He has just 28 yards on the season, but with Finley being stretchered off on Sunday, Quarless seems likely to be the starting TE in the weeks to come. With Aaron Rodgers at quarterback, some sort of productivity is inevitable.
Donald Brown, RB, Indianapolis Colts: owned in 6% of Yahoo! leagues
- The Browns couldn’t have won the Richardson trade, could they?
- Brown didn’t have a great game Sunday night, but it was his biggest workload of the year.
- He’s the passing down back at least in Indy, a position in line to produce more with Wayne out. Richardson also isn’t running away with the starting job and Brown could at least see a share of touches.