A player made a spectacular return from injury, a couple more went down, and some QB’s showed their fantasy value upside. Here’s who to chase in your race to the waiver wire; week twelve edition:
Get em while you can:
Nate Burleson, WR, Detroit Lions: 24% owned in Yahoo! leagues
– After making his return from a broken arm, Burleson slotted right into the WR2 slot for the Lions
– He was targeted 10 times and finished with 77 yards and a touchdown.
– He’s almost a must start for the rest of the season.
Tiquan Underwood, WR, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 2% owned in Yahoo! leagues
– He caught two touchdowns and exceed 22 fantasy points.
– He’s got a tough matchup against Carolina next week, but he’s proven himself a good option in the Tampa Bay passing attack.
Carson Palmer, QB, Arizona Cardinal: 40% owned in Yahoo! leagues
– Palmer seems to have figured it all out and has the Cardinals right in the middle of the NFC playoff picture.
– He has two consecutive weeks of well over 20 fantasy points, he plays Philadelphia next week so should be able to keep it going for at least one more.
Mike Glennon, QB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 21% owned in Yahoo! fantasy leagues
– Glennon has eclipsed 20 fantasy points in three of the past four weeks.
– He’s been the biggest reason for the Bucs turnaround and has Carolina next, but Buffalo after that.
Next best thing:
Jacoby Jones, WR, Baltimore Ravens: 12% owned in Yahoo! fantasy leagues
– He recorded his first week above 50 receiving yards against Ed Reed and the Jets.
– He relies on his big play ability, but against the Steelers next week, the potential is there to capitalize on that once again.
Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Minnesota Vikings: 18% owned in Yahoo! leagues
– He followed up a nine target week with 11 on Sunday when he received the start at split-end.
– Big-play ability is an understatement for Patterson, but every time the ball gets put in his hands the chance of a big gain is there.
– He appears to be becoming a bigger part of the Vikings (awful) passing attack, and could finally showcase his full talent set.
Tim Wright, TE, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 17% owned in Yahoo! fantasy leagues
– He caught eight passes for 75 yards against Detroit.
– We know rookie quarterbacks like their tightends, and Glennon is showing a good relationship with his so far.
Matt Flynn, QB, Green Bay Packers: 2% owned in Yahoo! fantasy leagues
– Aaron Rodgers chances of playing Thursday are reportedly “slim to none”
– Coach MccCarthy apparently wants to make sure Scott Tolzien and Flynn are ready to go, but it’s Flynn that’s expected to start against the Lions.
– He would be a sure-fire start if so.
Benny Cunningham, RB, St. Louis Rams: 4% owned in Yahoo! fantasy leagues
– While he was merely an injury replacement to Zac Stacy he rushed 13 times for 113 yards.
– If Stacy can return from his concussion he most certainly starts, but keep an eye on that, because Cunningham appears to be sufficient replacement.
Brandon Bolden, RB, New England Patriots: 6% owned in Yahoo! fantasy leagues
– Considering no one else in New England enjoys hanging onto footballs in first quarters, Bolden’s role could potentially grow greatly.
– After Ridley and Blount threw the ball away, he rushed 13 times for 58 yards and a score.
– He may not start, but if so, he’s a member of a very productive offense.
Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee Titans: 1% owned in Yahoo! fantasy leagues
– According to coach Munchak his six receptions for 109 yards performance earned him an even bigger work load going forward.
– Ryan Fitzpatrick increases receiver value in Tennessee, apparently starting with Hunter.
Rod Streater, WR, Oakland Raiders: 14% owned in Yahoo! fantasy leagues
– He’s racked up over seven fantasy points in three of four weeks.
– In a better Matt McGloin passing attack in Oakland Streater may be in for more success as McGloin gets more accustomed.